With innovation carrying on as steadfastly as ever, the modern age of digital media and its technology have been soaring to new heights at exponential rates, making each and every passing day an opportunity for a new milestone online.
From pure-text websites that were an eyesore (yet the norm for the very first digital people), to the interactive, engaging, and awe-inspiring web pages that we all can’t live without, the internet as we know it has come far from its minimal roots.
Web development has evolved into an even stronger craft today that requires a lot more meticulous attention to detail that spans beyond writing endless lines of code. Other factors such as digital tools, web page design, and the ability to seamlessly blend with other e-crafts have allowed websites to go beyond a fixed box with a few lines of text.
Thanks to an emergence of advanced and effective measures, new web development trends are taking the industry by storm thanks to seamless integration and operational effectivity, making every year another opportunity for thousands of tech companies and independent developers to come up with new ways to enhance user experience, break new barriers in web development, and upgrade already-effective cybersecurity measurements.
If you’re a web developer or digital marketer looking for new trends to watch out for this year to stay ahead of the competition and expand your horizons, we’ve prepared a list of web industry-changing development trends to watch out for this 2019:
- Voice Search Technology and Optimization
Gone are the days of having to type, then delete, then type what you’ve been thinking about for the last 30 seconds once again before you completely forget what you were looking for. With the advances that come with ever-evolving technology, voice search technology has been effectively put to use in the last year or two and is continuously gaining the favour of more and more users.
By allowing users to simply speak to a smart device to go on a search on the internet, voice search technology allows users to find answers at faster rates, making it possible for them to find the perfect product or solution online.
More people opt to speak to assistants instead of typing on their screens, and it’s easy to understand why; hands-free usage is a lot more convenient, and there’s no need to waste time continuously wiping your hands just to type out that pesky little “a” on the screen. There’s no doubt about it – it’s another world of convenience!
With voice search technology on the rise, here are some of the amazing advantages to take note of so that making the move to voice search technology will be a no-brainer:
- Voice search-optimized websites rank higher – Search engines have been putting a bigger emphasis on voice search technology-optimized websites by allowing them to rank higher in search results – which means good news for your website’s SEO.
- Better traffic – With the enhanced visibility that comes with your voice search technology-optimized website courtesy of better SEO, you can expect more people to choose your website in favour of all the others that aren’t optimized for voice search!
- All user-related aspects will be hit right – Thanks to even more convenience and enhanced productivity, users and potential customers will be able to find your website with more ease thanks to faster search speed results; on the other hand, higher SERP result search rankings will make it easier for your voice search-optimized website to reel in more visitors who you can engage with.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages
In spite of its seemingly-complicated name, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) have one goal in mind: to make web pages a lot more lightning-quick when it comes to loading. This, in turn, improves website visibility and overall user experience, making a huge difference in whether or not a user will continue to use your page.
Thanks to Google’s AMP project, Accelerated Mobile Pages enhances the loading time of web pages by throwing out scripts that slow them down and keeping them nice and tidy by simplifying things down to the basic elements. In order to make websites load considerably faster, an AMP consists of three integral parts alongside its mobile-first index system:
- AMP HTML (standard HTML with AMP-specific extensions)
- AMP CND (an optimized network created to cache pages and quickly adapt them to AMP code)
If you aren’t convinced yet, here are some advantages that come with going for AMP:
- AMP makes for better server performance, thanks to reducing the load on your website’s server care of the component slimdown.
- AMP decreases your website’s load time by at least 50% on average.
- AMP helps with better mobile ranking, thanks to search engines prioritizing AMP-enhanced web pages over traditional ones.
- Progressive Web Applications
With a huge chunk of internet traffic coming from smartphones and other handheld devices, building a native web application can help you target your customers much more easily with ease-of-access on their mobile devices. By going for a progressive web application (PWA), you can help provide your users with a convenient user experience with accessing your website online by providing them with a mobile application delivered through the web that loads immediately and is easily accessible, without having to drive your users away with prompts that pester them to download an application on their device.
If you’re looking for a web developer in Toronto, get in touch with us today! We have extensive experience in creating modern websites that drive conversions & traffic.